Cami plays the piano, violin and cello. She spends a lot of time practicing and is also in her school orchestra. She also enjoys singing. Cami is a lifeguard and teaches swim lessons, and she really enjoys getting to know all of her students. She is also considered the best babysitter in her hometown.
Cami was actually nominated for this piano scholarship and here is what the nominator said about Cami:
“Cami is someone that everyone just can’t help but love. She is always smiling, showing kindness and serving others. Her father has cancer and is gone twice a week for chemo and radiation treatment. Cami has exuded so much faith during this trial and remains a positive example to all the youth (and adults) that know her.
Cami has an everlasting smile on her face despite any inner turmoil going on. She loves to write music and would probably never leave a piano bench if she was to receive the scholarship. “
Thanks for being such an amazing recipient, Cami! We can’t wait to see what your musical future holds. Learn some more fun facts about Cami below:
Some of Cami's Favorites
- Favorite color?
- Gold, as tacky as it sounds. Orange is another favorite.
- Favorite food?
- Stromboli. It's basically a rolled up pizza, and I beg my mom to make it.
- Favorite band?
- I don't really have one, unless Broadway casts count. I love listening to Pentatonix, though.
- Favorite song?
- Currently, I'm Alive from the Broadway musical Next to Normal. I also like to jam out to Just like Fire by Pink and anything by Meghan Trainor.
- Favorite holiday?
- The 4th of July, Independence Day. I go to an American heritage school and absolutely love the U.S.A and its history.
- Favorite memory?
- My freshman year of high school, my Cross Country team went to State. The week between districts and state, my dad took me out running before school. One morning, we did intervals. No matter how hard it was, I knew I had to keep going, and my dad was extremely encouraging. When I'm having a hard time running, I think about that and know I can keep going.
- What are your favorite hobbies?
- My #1 hobby is reading; I'm almost always curled up with a book. I also enjoy hiking, swimming laps, and hanging out with family.